Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Lord's Benefit Package

I once told a friend about my new job as a summer school teacher. He effectively pricked a hole in my balloon of joy by asking, "Does this job carry any benefits?" My new job did not provide health insurance or a retirement plan and so in my friend's eyes was not of much value. I went home, opened my Bible, and found Psalm 103. The Lord reassured me that His benefit package is greater than any provided by human beings.

Here are the Lord's benefits as listed in Psalm 103:
• Forgives all your sins
• Heals all your diseases
• Redeems your life from the pit
• Crowns you with love and compassion
• Satisfies your desires with good things
• Renews your youth like the eagle's

Think of the ways that the Lord's provision for you has benefited you.


Scripture: “Praise the Lord, O my soul; and forget not all His benefits...” (Psalm 103:2).

Suggested hymn: "Count Your Blessings" (Words: Johnson Oatman, Jr., 1897. Music: Edwin Excell).

Prayer: Father, we praise You for the many blessings that You have provided us. Help us to remember Your benefits! Amen.

No comments: